What you think?

Dleopoldi914

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Recently my engine has started to exhibit strange behavior. after being warmed and running for a bit recently has started to cut out when I start it up and then only stay on unless I give it throttle. Do you think this is a gas issue maybe? I’ve started to add Sartron to the gas because I am going to pull the boat on Wednesday to winterize.

I also had the boat randomly cut out when going about 10mph.

video is enclosed.

I also don’t know if the carbs have been cleaned and I changed the plugs and the water fuel separator this season. Video is enclosed.

https://youtu.be/f-snfaqXZBc

pvanv

Admiral
Could be almost anything. Check fuel, electrical, and mechanical systems in that order. If not running the next day, make sure you either idle the carbs out or drain them. Star tron probably won't hurt anything, but it does not allow you to store with carbs full for the off season.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Is it a 2 or 4 cycle OB and its HP range, when fully warmed up and run at high speed for some minutes, when back at idle does it tends to die same as in video ?

Happy Boating

ahicks

Captain
I think your engine is due to be serviced. It doesn't sound like all cylinders are firing. That's just a guess of course, based on listening to a short clip with it actually running. If that is the case though, there's a good chance that's being caused by a carb that's not allowing enough fuel through it, which can lead to a badly damaged cylinder/major engine damage very quickly.

Bottom line, this problem needs to be addressed before running it again. DO NOT try to get by with it running this way.