Tohatsu outboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

astevens

Recruit
I’ve got a Tohatsu 4hp outboard. I replaced the carburetor the other day and it ran fine. Today when I test ran it in my driveway the water check hole was only letting steam out. I took the intake cover off and shot hose water up it to clean out any possible clogs. Test ran it again and same thing so I shut it off before something bad happens. The motor also quits if throttle isn’t up all the way and bogs down and quits if I turn it down to idle. It was idling fine before today. two separate issues going on here? Any help is appreciated

pvanv

Admiral
If you are getting exhaust only from the pee tube, you are not pumping. Check the water pump. If you are overheating, that could cause the stalling at lower speeds.

Texas Prowler

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I’ve got a Tohatsu 4hp outboard. I replaced the carburetor the other day and it ran fine. Today when I test ran it in my driveway the water check hole was only letting steam out. I took the intake cover off and shot hose water up it to clean out any possible clogs. Test ran it again and same thing so I shut it off before something bad happens. The motor also quits if throttle isn’t up all the way and bogs down and quits if I turn it down to idle. It was idling fine before today. two separate issues going on here? Any help is appreciated

Hey did you ever find a solution to this^^^?

Status
Not open for further replies.