2004 BF130 Help

salmon guy

Recruit
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​ I recently purchased a 2004 BF130 with 155 hours. Runs great. There is a hose coming out of the top of the drive shaft housing that has came off and I am unsure of where it should attach to. I have both the owners and maintenance manuals which do not show the hose at all. In some images I can find, it looks like this may feed up through the swivel tube, but there doesn't look like there is an attachment point inside the swivel tube. There is a possible attachment point on the tilt/swivel bracket, but I am wanting to make sure this is where it go to prevent potential damage before running. Any help would be appreciated. I have photos, but can not seem to get them to attach and submit the post to the forum, even when they are low resolution.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
How big is this hose ?-----Is this the wee hose from the lower unit that feeds pressure to a speedometer ??-------Nothing to do with operation of the motor.--------Heck most young folks today use a phone to see how fast the world is moving around them.

salmon guy

Recruit
relatively small hose, maybe 1/8' ID sits immediately forward of the shift shaft.

Attachments

• IMG_3195-3.jpg
    IMG_3195-3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0

salmon guy

Recruit
From this photo, it sure looks like there is an attachment point to the left of the top of the hose, but again the manual doesn't list it and what photos I can find look like this hose is tucked up inside the swivel tube. I have taken a picture up inside the swivel tube and I can not see any attachment point inside.