Nissan 90 Lower Unit?

pvanv

Admiral
What MODEL, (not year)?
The complete LU for the M90A is out of stock; The one for a TLDI is available.

Last edited:

Keyboardman

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's a buddy's engine, he says he found out that a 96 to 2001 90 and the 115 are the same lower unit. I'll see what model it is. It's a 1998 year engine, all I know.

pvanv

Admiral
The 115 2-stroke started production around 2003. Do you have a carbed 2-stroke, or a TLDI? What color? Why does he need a complete LU (which costs over $2k?)

Keyboardman

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's a carbed engine painted blue. Needs a LU because he snapped three of the impeller bolts then some knucklehead "Mechanic" heated the case up with torch and of course melted seals. Then when that didn't work, he cut them off flush and tried to drill them out by hand. Snapped a bit off in one of the bolts with a way off center hole. So, he's looking for a used one to just swap out. I'm a Johnson guy and have never looked for Nissan parts. Looks like they're very popular engines internationally but not many are over here. I haven't seen the LU in person but I would call the case junk right now.

pvanv

Admiral
Blue? That is a real oldie. From the late 1980s. Likely 40-plus years old. IF the power head is really good, maybe repair the LU. If the power head has run in salt, or is in any way flawed, scrap the whole lot. A gasket set is available, and a COMPETENT mechanic can get the wp bolts out. Left twist drills are available, and well might get the snapped off bolts out. No blue LU's are available new now; they new ones will be "aquamarine" (midnight) blue, and will cost well in excess of $2K. Is it a 25 or 30" shaft length? A local scrap yard may have a suitable LU, but it would also need a new seal kit, wp kit, and so on.

Whezza

Recruit
Just wondering if any one knows any thing about the manual tilt on a tohatsu m55B 55hp 1986 I think ?