1981 honda bf75s 1403307 will not idle, carb question.

bluntforce

Cadet
where does the idle circuit get its fuel flow from? i can remove the small, flat head screw next to the pilot screw and run a mig welder wire thru three holes. one comes forward to air inlet, the other two are in the air chamber close to butterfly. tiny holes. When using carb spray, i now have great flow thru them all, but where is the fuel feed?

To get my engine running, i pull the choke out, pull on string, it pops off right off once on first crank, i push choke partially in, and it starts. has high idle then comes down quickly to a stall. if a play with the throttle, it will keep running.if l leave it partially choked, it will maintain a high idle then begin to surge and die. i can restart it each time with same procedure.

any input is appreciated.
thanks

bluntforce

Cadet
i believe i found it.. it's staight down that port, had to get thinner wire to clean out. i'll post results once reassembled.

bluntforce

Cadet
Got it idling and running. Sounds great. I tried uploading a little video to no avail. I’ll try again later. I’ll be asking another question. Turns out my stop button is broken, I went to press it in and got shocked! I had to choke the carb to stall it.