Trying to find Honda model year

Boonechaser

Recruit
Bought a boat and a Honda outboard from a guy and he wasn’t sure of the motor year, it was his fathers that just passed away.

the serial number is BABJ-1801116
best I could tell the model # is BF9.9DK3SHA ??

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not a pro, but I did a little searching trying to find out for ya...

Seems like the "DK" in your model indicates it's a 2007 or newer.
Also looks like Honda stopped indicating years in the model number in 2007, so "DK" will cover lots of years from 2007 on.

If you're looking for parts, then you can use your serial number to look up appropriate parts and find what you need..
If however you're looking for the year specifically (for registration, title, bill of sale etc.. if required in your state) then most of what I've found says to call a dealer and give them the model and serial and maybe they can look it up..

Perhaps somebody else here with access to the same info a dealer may have can let you know for sure, but that's the best info I found on it...

Hope it helps!

Boonechaser

Recruit
Thanks for the reply’s. I am looking as I need the info for registration purposes. I did find the DK meant 2007 or newer for parts reasons but that’s the furtherst, I have made it.
I was hoping someone would have assess to the info to figure it out. Guess I’ll try the local dealer, tomorrow.

thanks again!

Boonechaser

Recruit
Called a local Honda dealer and found out that it is a 2013.

also, hoping some will see this without starting a new thread. Motor looks brand new but I’ve always replaced the water pump whenever I buy I motor that I know nothing about.
so, I took this one apart and all of the impeller “arms” are completely gone and I can not find the pieces. I too the thermosatat our and run water back through and I get a full stream out the pickup tube. Is this something I should still be worried about or?