Trying to determine Honda 150hp leg length/shaft length

oldcatcher

Recruit
Hello......new here
I'm looking into buying a full motor cover for my 2011 Honda 150hp Four Stroke, have a place picked out but they need to know the leg length and tell me there are two options.
  • 20"
  • or 25"
I ran the serial number (BANJ-1305021) thru the Honda Marine website as if I was looking for parts and it gave me the following Model # BF150AKO XA, nowhere have I've been able to decode this model # to determine leg length/shaft length.

Anybody clear this up for me, yeah, I can read a ruler, even tried to measure it today while up to my knees in snow here in Western New York , thought it was probably 20" but really don't know proper method to measure and want to make sure before ordering.

Any help appreciated.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
a tape measure will tell you the difference between a 25" and 20"

TGuy

Petty Officer 1st Class
The "X" in the model number indicates it's a 25" shaft (20"/long shafts usually have an "L" in the model). But to verify with a tape measure, typically you'd measure from the bottom of clamp bracket (the spot where it sits on the transom), down to the anti-cavitation plate above the prop. For a 20" shaft length it'll measure somewhere around 20-22". For 25" shaft, it'll be around 25-27".