Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Tohatsu M25B Lower Unit Compatability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tohatsu M25B Lower Unit Compatability

Hello all, I have a Tohatsu M25B that I would like to modify. I am trying to find some information on if I would be able to put a Tohatsu M25C lower unit on this motor instead. I cannot find any propellers that would fit the 25B because it is a pin drive unit, non-through hub exhaust. Are the lower units compatible between these two motors? Changing from non-through hub unit to through hub so that I would be able to upgrade propellers and find more parts for this motor. The engine itself is in great shape which is why I'd like to keep it. Thanks for your help.

Try calling the factory to see whether they have any old parts catalogs.
    Paul
    Buffalo NY USA

Comment

Is the lower leg of the M25C at hand or near, if so remove oldie and compare to newer model. Or post same pics to check, we work with those newer 25-30 HP-OB's. Count number of splines along pisc.

Happy Boating

Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

Comment

Working...
      X