Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

Nissan 9.9

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan 9.9

Leaking oil from around the prop. How to replace the oil seal ?

Welcome to Iboats,

Is that 9.9 a 2/4 strokes OB ? If it were a 2 strokes, could it be unburn fuel/oil gummy dark leftovers or it's rather clean gear oil exiting through prop ?

Happy Boating

Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

We would need your exact model to help, but if you need a new prop shaft seal, you may want to consider doing a seal kit for the LU.
      Buffalo NY USA

Like others have said, need to know if it's a 2 or 4 stroke.

If it's a 4 stroke, you need to figure out if it's crankcase oil or lower unit oil. If lower unit oil, then pvanv already gave the advice you need. If it's crankcase oil, is it possible someone just laid the engine down on the wrong side?

yep on the 4 stroke my 15 has a pic to lay down on one particular side. I found out about it after it made the 200 mile trip home in the back of my truck...
          1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.