Chrysler fuel pump question

alextran

Recruit
I like that glass bowl on my 1970, 35 HP Chrysler. It lets me know when I?m primed up when I?m doing my yearly check-up in the barrel. Plus I can see the condition of the fuel related to inline filter and it let me know when the fuel was basically run dry when I ran it dry before using Stabil. I do have another once clear filter inline just past the primer bulb. Is the upgrade a preference vs any advantages? JOW

Hi there..I have the same engine are you do that I just bought. My fuel pump is leaking when I pump from the prime pump..it leak around the ring where the glass bowl attached to the upper case. Is this normal...I don't think so right? Where can I get new part for this? Thanks for your help!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Chrysler Pre-merc fuel pump question

Re: Chrysler Pre-merc fuel pump question

Welcome,you should start your own thread.
The gasket might be available at Valley Sales in Prudenville,Mi.
He's on the net.
Fill out the profile,location?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Chrysler fuel pump question

Hi Alextran, and :welcome: to iBoats.

Adding to old threads is considered hi-jacking, so I have created your own thread for you.... :)

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: Chrysler fuel pump question

Alextran, I c/n remember the type of gasket material since seeing it in 1985. Today?s Pic shows its cork (Attached). What type of material is your gasket? I would think Good Small Engine supply/repair, Auto, Hardware or local Marine Supply Stores would have a cork or flat neoprene gasket that will meet your need. IMO the outside dia will be the most important fit (very close).

Attachments

• 70,35hp Chrysler fuel Bowl gasket.JPG
    70,35hp Chrysler fuel Bowl gasket.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 0