92 force 40 hp wiring help please

kenny33

Cadet
I bought a pontoon that had a 92 40 hp force on it and was told it needed a stator got a new stator. When I pulled the old one off I noticed the yellow wires weren't even hooked up so I researched and found out the rectifier was missing. I ordered a rectifier and when I went to hook it up I noticed the only wires that weren't hooked to anything was the stator wires not sure which other wire should be hooked up to the rectifier. does anyone have a diagram or of this or a good picture of this same motor showing ho the rectifier hooks upor know how to tell me which other wires need to be hooked up to the rectifier so I can trace them down and hook them up I have 6 wires two yellow one grey and two red and black I know the black goes to the ground on the motor. I just don't know where the red wires hook up to all help would be greatly appreciated.

Jiggz

Captain
Re: 92 force 40 hp wiring help please

Here's a wiring diagram. It might not look very clear but if you zoom and print it should be usable. As you will see the rectifier connects also to the red and gray wires.
92_94 40 HP wiring.jpg

kenny33

Cadet

Thank you very much went outside hooked the wires right up with this diagram and it fired right up and purred like a kitten

Jiggz

Captain

Good on you and enjoy!