1987 force 125 timing

kawiman20

Cadet
I am timing my force 125 and would like to see if im correct in doing so.
on the flywheel there is 1 mark on the flywheel that lines up with the mark on the plate above the carbs and that is TDC. when in neutral and timing gun on first cylinder plug the lines are pretty close to being lined up. Now there are also 3 separate lines to the right of the single one that shows TDC, I believe those are degree 28, 30, and 32. middle being 30 obviously. so with WOT ( wide open throttle ) the marks line up with the middle one so it seems to be timed around 29 or 30 degrees in WOT and in neutral it is very close if not right on the one line. Does this seem right to any of you?
Also when in time, the rod that kinda controls the carb sync rod, that should be adjusted ( by turning it in or out ) to barely move the rod when its clipped down in place. Hopefully I didn't lose any of you trying to describe that! lol
Any way if anyone has any advise please share.

Thanks for looking!

Jiggz

Captain
Re: 1987 force 125 timing

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be on mark with the timing marks. I believe you are referring to the control tower or timing tower that controls both carbs and timing through linkage. At the bottom of this tower rod is the idle screw adjustment. Again, if you want to see this in action click on the sticky post video made by Frank. It is very detailed and comprehensive.