1986 force 125 hp spark plug wiring order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 force 125 hp spark plug wiring order

Can anyone tell me if the spark plug wiring orders goes like this: ignition coils are in a row from top to bottom. does the top one (fiirst) go to top plug (first) and 2nd to 2nd and so on. if not please tell me how they go.

Thanks
    Quentin

Re: 1986 force 125 hp spark plug wiring order

You got it. Spark plug wire from the top coil goes to the top spark plug on number 1 cylinder, and so on down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by pnwboat View Post
      You got it. Spark plug wire from the top coil goes to the top spark plug on number 1 cylinder, and so on down the line.
      Thank you.
      1 more question if you can help me. back fires when you get it started out the exhaust, i have the cables from the gear shft dis connected. could this be caused from the timing not being advanced at the same time throttle is given kinda like on a truck/car motor. just giving it some throttle with the arm on the carbs, it doesnt move anyhting else but them. any ideas?

Thanks again

Comment

You didn't mess with the other connectors?
        The back fiing could be the timing,or even the fuel pump diaphram.
        It could also be the air screws not set right. Turn in till they just bottom out and then out 1 turn.

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
        ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjerry05 View Post
          You didn't mess with the other connectors?
          The back fiing could be the timing,or even the fuel pump diaphram.
          It could also be the air screws not set right. Turn in till they just bottom out and then out 1 turn.
          Thanks a bunch i will be checking all of this in the morning when i get off work.

Thanks Again
          Quentin

Comment

Originally posted by quebarnes View Post
            Thank you.
            1 more question if you can help me. back fires when you get it started out the exhaust, i have the cables from the gear shft dis connected. could this be caused from the timing not being advanced at the same time throttle is given kinda like on a truck/car motor. just giving it some throttle with the arm on the carbs, it doesnt move anyhting else but them. any ideas?

Thanks again
            Depending how much and how fast throttle you give it can actually back fire because the timing tower is not moving at the same time as the throttle valves. However, if you do it slowly and not too much (maybe less than 3500 RPM) it shouldn't back fire at all.

Comment

Working...
            X