Help wiring ignition switch-1995 Force 120 HP

gwaltneyra

Recruit
I purchased a new Sierra MP39090 "universal" 6-post ignition switch with push-choke for my 1995 120HP Force outboard. Dummy here :facepalm: did not make a note of which wires connect to each post since my manual has a wiring diagram and the letters on both switches are the same (Clockwise-I,M,S,C,B,M). However, the wiring colors in the boat do not fit the description of what is in the manual. :confused: (Yellow w/thin Red; Yellow w/thin Black; Red w/thin Blue; Solid Black; Black w/thin Yellow; 3-wire combo [2] Purple [1] Blue w/thin Yellow).

Can anyone help?

Thanks a boat load!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help wiring ignition switch-1995 Force 120 HP

scan0009.jpg

Not sure,maybe this can help?

gwaltneyra

Recruit

Thanks, Jerry, but the color combinations aren't the same as mine.

-Yellow w/thin Red stripe
-Yellow w/thin Black stripe
-Red w/thin Blue stripe
-Solid Black
-Black w/thin Yellow stripe
-3-wires combine with (2) Purples and (1) Blue w/thin Yellow stripe.

Jiggz

Captain

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

Do you have the same color coding on your wires? See if this will help:

M1 -WHT OR BLK/YEL - this is nothing but a ground wire for shutting the engine down. It should have continuity to ground
M2 - BLU OR BLU/BLK (Usually there are bundle of wires here use to ground or kill the engine by shunting the CDM's to ground via M1
I - RED/BLU - aux power wire
C - GRN OR YEL/BLK - choke wire
S - YEL OR YEL/RED - this runs straight to the starter solenoid via the neutral switch
B - RED - this one is really easy to ID by doing a voltage test. This a hot wire should read 12V to ground - battery wire