Help wiring ignition switch-1995 Force 120 HP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wiring ignition switch-1995 Force 120 HP

I purchased a new Sierra MP39090 "universal" 6-post ignition switch with push-choke for my 1995 120HP Force outboard. Dummy here did not make a note of which wires connect to each post since my manual has a wiring diagram and the letters on both switches are the same (Clockwise-I,M,S,C,B,M). However, the wiring colors in the boat do not fit the description of what is in the manual. (Yellow w/thin Red; Yellow w/thin Black; Red w/thin Blue; Solid Black; Black w/thin Yellow; 3-wire combo [2] Purple [1] Blue w/thin Yellow).

Can anyone help?

Thanks a boat load!

Re: Help wiring ignition switch-1995 Force 120 HP

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0009.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	7075425

Not sure,maybe this can help?

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
    ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Thanks, Jerry, but the color combinations aren't the same as mine.

-Yellow w/thin Red stripe
      -Yellow w/thin Black stripe
      -Red w/thin Blue stripe
      -Solid Black
      -Black w/thin Yellow stripe
      -3-wires combine with (2) Purples and (1) Blue w/thin Yellow stripe.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

Comment

I had to get an expert. The stator was bad. Apparently, these are known to go bad. Tech used OEM parts. Not cheap, but runs like a champ, now. There is a thread on this issue at http://forums.iboats.com/johnson-evi...oms-80984.html .

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Brentaddington View Post
            I'm having the same issue. Were you able to fix it?
            Do you have the same color coding on your wires? See if this will help:

M1 -WHT OR BLK/YEL - this is nothing but a ground wire for shutting the engine down. It should have continuity to ground
            M2 - BLU OR BLU/BLK (Usually there are bundle of wires here use to ground or kill the engine by shunting the CDM's to ground via M1
            I - RED/BLU - aux power wire
            C - GRN OR YEL/BLK - choke wire
            S - YEL OR YEL/RED - this runs straight to the starter solenoid via the neutral switch
            B - RED - this one is really easy to ID by doing a voltage test. This a hot wire should read 12V to ground - battery wire

Comment

Working...
            X