Rewiring kill switch on 1988 bayliner with 125 hp force

johnw91

Recruit
Howdy, Had a question about my outboard ignition wiring. The kill switch does not work at all and I have been messing around with it trying to get it to work. The engine motor works fine, stars up no problem, but where do i put the two white wires from the kill switch onto the ignition wires so that it will effectively kill the motor?

Jiggz

Captain
Re: Rewiring kill switch on 1988 bayliner with 125 hp force

The two wires from the "kill switch" are connected to the "M" terminals of the ignition switch. One of these terminals is connected to ground while the other connects to the white wires off the CDM which when grounded turns off the sparks off the spark plugs hence turning off the engine. With the key in off position, the two "M" terminals connects to each other or there is a continuity hence grounding the CDM's. The kill switch is just parallel to these two terminals. Here's a pic.

Force 1988-91 125HP Wiring Diagram.jpg

twinturbof250

Recruit
Re: Rewiring kill switch on 1988 bayliner with 125 hp force

Hopefully one of yall can give me some time I have an 88 bayliner with a 125 force motor. I am currently in the process of restoring it. Found it in Florida in pretty rough shape. All of the plywood is having to be replaced. I would like to figure out what all I need to look for as far as wiring goes that is the next step so I can see if the motor will even run...I will post pics to my profile once I get them loaded on my pc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.