1998 75hp Force water pump rebuild kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dt4ever

Cadet
Hi everyone,

I've just got the 1998 Astro 16.2 fish with 1998 75hp Force outboard. I'm planning on replacing the impeller but not sure what part # to look for. The closest water pump rebuild kit I could find so far is 47-19453Q 2 ( around $66 shipped), which is the replacement for 47-19453.

I chatted with iboats rep and he could not find any replacement kit for this Force outboard at all.

Any info regarding part # or where I can order the correct water pump rebuild kit is greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1998 75hp Force water pump rebuild kit

Welcome to iboats dt4ever.

I don't know where you got that part number from, but it doesn't match what the Mercury dealers are selling.
iboats only sells the aftermarket equivalent, in this case, there isn't one.

Here it is.
Only buy the parts you need.

http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/parts/2534_18.cfm

The impeller part number is 47-19453T $37

TwoFish

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the same motor and replace the impeller recently. The dealer sold me a couple of thin nylon washers that went on the drive shalt directly above and below the impellor inside the housing. He said it stopped the impellor rubbing on the top and bottom of the water pump. The above link does not show them in the diagram. May want to ask about them when you are ordering.

Sorry I cant help you with the part numbers as the dealer sorted that out for me.

dt4ever

Cadet

I IMG_2011.jpgIMG_2007.jpgIMG_2008.jpg

I have successfully changed the impeller thank to all you valuable part suggestion. Question though, when i run the engine either on muff or lake, I notice the water coming from the hole right below the lower unit and upper leg. Is this normal? And should water exist the engine through exhaust port inside the propeller or some where else (telltale only)?

Thanks.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

That little hole is a weep/drain hole, which keeps water from pooling in the leg and freezing in cold weather.

Water should be exiting the telltale, and it should be spraying out the prop hub with the exhaust.

dt4ever

Cadet

That little hole is a weep/drain hole, which keeps water from pooling in the leg and freezing in cold weather.

Water should be exiting the telltale, and it should be spraying out the prop hub with the exhaust.

When on muff, the water is coming out of that hole as soon as i turn the water on. I have the feeling that water is leaking somewhere from the water pump. I have checked the water pump housing and the water tube for a tight fit. Is there some type of sealant between the water pump outlet and water tube?

Thanks.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

THere is no sealant used.
Water tube secure at the top end ??

dt4ever

Cadet

I dropped the lower unit, took the T stat off and sprayed compressed air through the copper tube to blow out any debris in the water jacket. The water tube did not seem loose at both end.

I also drained some lower unit oil to see if there's any sight of water. Does the sample I took picture of look like I have water in oil? And what is the best way to check the T stat?

Thanks.

IMG_2173.jpg

schlep

Recruit
help: 1998 75hp Force water pump rebuild kit

help: 1998 75hp Force water pump rebuild kit

I removed 5 bolts to drop.lower unit. I.can not get the shaft to come out. The.unit is separated from main about a 1/2 inch.

Any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.