Warning

LARRYHUB

Seaman Apprentice
I ordered a voltage regulator/rectifier P/N 01-090-1 from www.mfgsupply.com . This part was defected when i recieved it. This company will not refund or exchange this part. I recomend that you do not order from this company.

riptorn

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Warning

Go pick one up at Radio Shack. I assume it's for a 50 -85 hp?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I recommend you search for a supplier that will accept returns on electrical components.

Let us all know when you find one.

jkoppe73

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Go pick one up at Radio Shack. I assume it's for a 50 -85 hp?

not the same thing, I think he is installing a universal voltage regulator for a snowmobile, as described in the charging problem sticky....

tater76

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It is difficult to find a company that will accept returns on electrical components. Most stores will say "as soon as you put power to the part you own it" thats been my experience anyway. If you search youtube there is a video of a guy who did the regulator/rectifier swap with a radioshack version.

A lesson in reading the return policy.....

No returns on electrical components.

Says it right there on the website so it should not have been a surprise. No reason to slam a company for having a policy. Take it as a lesson learned.

BonairII

Commander

I know that there is a no return policy...and it's stated clearly, BUT

It does beg the question....Does a "No Return" policy on electronics leave a consumer screwed when he/she really does have a defective part?

I would guess that there must be some illegality to forcing a consumer to accept a defective product.

LARRYHUB

Seaman Apprentice

I just recieved email from FMG saying send it back with a note about what is wrong with it. I will do that.

wi

Cadet

see universal voltage regulator rectifier for part issues

Last edited:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

wi, please don't hijack a thread by changing the topic. Bad manners.

Please start your own thread.