1975 chrysler water pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 chrysler water pump

How do i remove (disconect the linkage when i drop the lower unit) can you point me to a free manual any thing eles i should no?????

Re: 1975 chrysler water pump

I'm a little fuzzy on my years, but in order to drop the lower unit, there is a "hidden" bolt inside the exhaust snout. Earlier years had the bolt holding the rear of the snout and you must use a 12 point 5/16 socket to remove it. Later years had a regular 6 point 1/2 inch head bolt under the snout. The snout is removed by taking off the 5/8 inch bolt in the front and the allen head bolt in the rear.

To disconnect the linkage, under the kingpin you will see a cylinder with a pin and cotter connecting it to the lower shift rod. Remove the cotter and then pull the pin. Earlier models had the cylinder pinned to the upper shaft, later models had it just slip fit. If you tilt these engines with it disconnected, it may slide off the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Acampora View Post
      I'm a little fuzzy on my years, but in order to drop the lower unit, there is a "hidden" bolt inside the exhaust snout. Earlier years had the bolt holding the rear of the snout and you must use a 12 point 5/16 socket to remove it. Later years had a regular 6 point 1/2 inch head bolt under the snout. The snout is removed by taking off the 5/8 inch bolt in the front and the allen head bolt in the rear.

To disconnect the linkage, under the kingpin you will see a cylinder with a pin and cotter connecting it to the lower shift rod. Remove the cotter and then pull the pin. Earlier models had the cylinder pinned to the upper shaft, later models had it just slip fit. If you tilt these engines with it disconnected, it may slide off the link.
      Thanks Frank. I will try that. So there's nothing on the top end of the motor? Needs to be disconnected. It's all done from the lower unit. Ok.

Comment

Do you no what the compression should be for this moter

Comment

whats the Hp and model number I dont see it in the post yet so how can we be sure what we are talking about ?

Comment

Originally posted by fucawi View Post
            whats the Hp and model number I dont see it in the post yet so how can we be sure what we are talking about ?
            Its is a 90 HP chrysler Modle 907HB

Comment

plenty of manuals of e bay for about $5...linkage methods vary from pull the cotter pin /sliding joiners and threaded adjusting sleeves.

Comment

Working...
              X