Water Pump 75 hp Chrysler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump 75 hp Chrysler

I have a 1975/6 Chrysler 75 HP that over heats while idling. It doesn"t overheat while on throttle. I thought maybe it was a problem with the impeller so I changed it but now I have a couple of questions.

Question 1:
    Is there suppose to be a gasket or some kind of seal between the stainless plate and the pump housing? There is a gasket below the plate to the leg. I ask because after I put it together again it had water flowing out of the weep hole which leads me to believe it was leaking.

Question 2:
    Where does the water port out of the engine? Is it through the exhaust? I have only ever got some misting water through the two holes below the head. I was reading another post that said this was normal and most of the water is ported out the exhaust.

Any help would be appreciated as I am supposed to go on holidays in 3 days.

Re: Water Pump 75 hp Chrysler

1 Yes there should be somekind of seal.
    2 Yes out the exhaust.On the hose you will probably not supply enough water.In the lake/river/ocean(Fill out the profile)You will probably see lots of water thru the relief ports.J

1975/6 Chrysler 75 HP that over heats while idling. It doesn"t overheat while on throttle. I thought maybe it was a problem with the impeller so I changed it but now I have a couple of questions.

Question 1:
    Is there suppose to be a gasket or some kind of seal between the stainless plate and the pump housing? There is a gasket below the plate to the leg. I ask because after I put it together again it had water flowing out of the weep hole which leads me to believe it was leaking.

Question 2:
    Where does the water port out of the engine? Is it through the exhaust? I have only ever got some misting water through the two holes below the head. I was reading another post that said this was normal and most of the water is ported out the exhaust.

Any help would be appreciated as I am supposed to go on holidays in 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
    ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Working...
    X