1989 Force85 Fuel Pump

393Clevor

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've done the carbs completely and I know they are good but I'm still getting a funny over fueling like thing going on..

Is it possible like some (vacuum operated fuel pressure regulators) to leak fuel into the intake?

The Force power

Commander
Explain "over fueling" terminology??
Do you mean fuel coming out the front of the Carbs.?
Are the floats set-up right?
The pump is activated by the #1 Cylinder suction & #2 Cylinder pressure going back and forth

393Clevor

Petty Officer 1st Class
just wonted to know if it could pull fuel in thru the fuel pump..

Nordin

Commander
There are check valves in the fuel pump so when not running it would not pull fuel through the pump.
I would suggest you to check the pump diaphragm. If there are holes or a rip in it, fuel will go direct into the cylinders and not through the carb.
Changing fuel pump diaphragm is just regular maintenance and they are cheap.

393Clevor

Petty Officer 1st Class
There are check valves in the fuel pump so when not running it would not pull fuel through the pump.
I would suggest you to check the pump diaphragm. If there are holes or a rip in it, fuel will go direct into the cylinders and not through the carb.
Changing fuel pump diaphragm is just regular maintenance and they are cheap.

Thanks man.. I had an idea that this could be my problem.. we'll see what it looks like today...

thanks

WinnerCougar74

Petty Officer 1st Class
I wonder if anyone has bypassed their fuel pump with an electric fuel pump. I have had some trouble with my diaphragm water pump. They seem to wear out quickly. Some have bypassed their diaphragm fuel pumps on mowers. Seems like it could also be used instead of the primer bulb. Just wondering if it has been tried. Might solve the diaphragm pump problems.

The Force power

Commander
I wonder if anyone has bypassed their fuel pump with an electric fuel pump. I have had some trouble with my diaphragm water pump. They seem to wear out quickly. Some have bypassed their diaphragm fuel pumps on mowers. Seems like it could also be used instead of the primer bulb. Just wondering if it has been tried. Might solve the diaphragm pump problems.

Never install an electric fuel-pump on these motors; Search for advice in the Search-bar at the top

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The pump would be a 1-2# pressure pump.
Otherwise the pump can over power the needle//seat.

Kinda like adding a BOMB to the family runabout :(

WinnerCougar74

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes, as I understand it the 1-2lb fuel pumps have a loop back system if the fuel isn't needed so as not to overwhelm the float bowl seats. Some have used them on automobile engines with carbs and had more consistent fuel delivery than the mechanical pumps. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and what happened. I'll search an see what I can find. Thx

Redbarron%%

Chief Petty Officer
If you are having trouble with the pumps perhaps there is a problem with the kits you are installing?