88 50hp force stabilizer?

bayliner33

Seaman Apprentice
Can anyone tell me which stabilizer hydrofoils fit this. I was looking at the stingray on peice, or the se sport 300., both bolt ons.? Thanks for any info.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Neither one is probably "made for Force"
Something new would probably fit Yam, Mercury, Honda and Suzuki.
Force hasn't been made since 98/99
Try contacting the manufacturer and see what they recommend??

chris.olson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a pair of Attwood Hydrofoils that were on our '85 Force 50. I took them off because they slowed the boat down and the boat doesn't need them. They are universal fit - just slide them on the anti-ventilation plate, mark and drill the holes in the plate and use the included stainless bolts to bolt them on.

They are commonly available for about $35 at just about anywhere that sells Attwood stuff. Just google Attwood Hydrofoil Stabilizer and you'll find them. I don't know about the Stingray ones but I know those Attwood ones fit.

bayliner33

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the reply, sorry i didnt get back right away. Iwork 2 jobs not alot of time on my hands. Any way i guess im going with the doel fin stabilizer. Local shop said it should fit im taki g lower unit with. I will let you know how it goes. Waiting on parts water pump. Lower seal kit, new prop, new reed, plugs carb gaskets ect.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Replacing the reeds??
Problems?

Before you spend?? do a compression test.
You can easily fix about anything except a bad cylinder.

bayliner33

Seaman Apprentice
No the guy i work with sold the boat to me, ran good just wouldn't plane. He bought a 19' trihull as this was his wifes ex husbands boat. Was garage kept which is good .Cylinders have 135psi. Each. But im going over entire motor while waiting for the tiltle. So cleaning the carb, new plugs, thermostat, new reeds, new water pump, new prop old one is pretty dinged up. Resealing lower unit,seals were old and dry rotted. The motor hasn't been serviced in a long time so just going over it thoroughly.