125 force no fuel to cylinder #2

trevorrr1

Cadet
Normally can figure my issue out from other people posts in the forums but im completely stumped on this. so my force engine has no fuel going to cylinder 2, the plug is completely dry when pulling it, carbs have been cleaned thoroughly, it has good compression, 125ish on all cylinders & it has good spark, so i came to the conclusion it had to be the reeds i pulled them out today there is some light shining through some of the plates, nothing broke. so just to rule it out i switched out the reeds from the other cylinders problem remains and nothing changed. there is some light scoring on the piston walls on cylinder 2, but regardless compression is good. really just lost as to what else it could be at this point. :grumpy:

The Force power

Commander
Welcome to Iboats,

Sounds like your're on the right path, check the vent on the tank & check/replace all your fuel-lines (incl. the one to the tank)
rebuilt the fuel-pumps

However seeing some light is not good, also more specific?? some light throughout all of them or just for one cylinder?

trevorrr1

Cadet
Every cylinders reed has a couple plates that shine light through when putting them up towards the sky and looking through. some worse than others but theyre not worse than the width of a playing card or 2. thats why i swapped them all around just to see if anything changed but nothing did still no fuel on the plug for cylinder 2 and all other cylinders are firing normally.

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
" good spark " means very little here.-------Does spark on #2 jump a gap of 3/8" or better ?----Somehow I do not believe it is a fuel problem.

trevorrr1

Cadet
yes it does, when i bought the boat cylinder 2 had no spark ended up needing a new ignition coil, after replacing it has a bright blue spark. every spark plug i remove is damp with fuel. the spark plug on cylinder 2 after idle is completely dry and shining silver.

all plugs are brand new also.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Wrong!!
""However seeing some light is not good, also more specific?? some light throughout all of them or just for one cylinder?

""The reeds: there can be a small amount of light seen through them.

As far as no fuel to the cyl.?? IMPOSSIBLE if the #1 cyl. is getting fuel.
Sounds like an electrical problem.
Try swapping the packs around.

trevorrr1

Cadet
ill try swapping packs around today to see if that changes anything, was starting to lean towards possible crankcase issue? maybe its not pulling fuel from the ports into the cylinder? i dont know if that would be possible with good compression though..

trevorrr1

Cadet
well today i tore down some of the engine pulled the piston on cylinder 2, found the piston to be in pretty rough shape due to lack of fuel/oil. but after removing it i think I have found the issue, the cylinder exhaust gasket is missing a whole piece along with the bolt being almost completely turned out. so i would imagine since this gasket was missing a piece that would cause it to suck air into the cylinder?? which in turn it wouldnt be igniting? posting pics so you guys can see

Attachments

• photo330570.jpg
    photo330570.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 3
  • photo330571.jpg
    photo330571.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 3
  • photo330572.jpg
    photo330572.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 3

Tmf79

Cadet
If that does not resolve your issue and you're still not getting cylinder number two to fire, it may be the CDI module. I had a very similar issue with my 1987 Force 125 and it turns out that was the problem, Goodluck

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
The piston is toat and has tried to seize and sometime...motor needs rebuilt.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The port cover gasket/cover is not an exhaust cover.
That side's an intake side.
If the gaskets missing? then you've been sucking air and not getting the lubrication needed :(

What condition is the cylinder walls?
If it's anything like the piston?? it's gonna need a bore job.
Any marks on the top of the piston? Pics?

If you decide to rebuild? there are some tips that can help rebuild and not have this happen again, start
a new thread if you do.

trevorrr1

Cadet
surprisingly the cylinder walls are actually in great shape for the piston looking like that. that top of the cylinder has some light scuffing and scoring but nothing that i would get a bore job for. Now i have a piston from a 50 hp force motor same year. piston is in perfect shape. would that work to just swap the pistons?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Probably will fit.
You never said the year?
But being the blocks painted blue, I'd say 87/88/89

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Got a pic of the cylinder wall??? Too much transfer to be in great shape...

Reactions: 125

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Cylinder--" are in great shape "---You say.---But how do they measure ?------Sorry, but air will leak past things that do not measure correctly.-----Air does not behave according to the way a cylinder looks !

Redbarron%%

Chief Petty Officer
Lets say the cylinders are good, what is the size? Standard, 10 over, 20 over, 30 over?
Look to see if the pistons are std, or +??

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
That's what I asked him?
What size pistons are in there now?
Being that old?? it could be bored out a couple of times by now??
Any #s on the top of any of the pistons?