Reversed Polarity Force 1985 85HP

tcraft1

Cadet
So some idiot hooked my battery up backwards and now the circuit breaker pops as soon as battery power is applied. I thought I had it isolated to the rectifier but a new one did nothing. Can't find a short or anything that looks like burnt wiring. Is there a fuse I can't find? All of the accessories have power and are working. I can jump the start solenoid and get the motor to turn over, any help is appreciated.

tcraft1

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. I have found a dead short on the power wire to the ignition switch and replaced it. I also changed the ignition switch because the old one fell apart in my hand. The only switch I could find was for Johnson/Evinrude. It is also a 6 pole but only has 1 "M" pole. With the kill circuit wired up I get no spark. I can now start the motor with the white kill wire disconnected from the motor (or switch). but the motor will not shut off with key. Is this because of the switch and the single "M" pole or something else with the kill circuit? or have I got the switch wired wrong. I also replaced the rectifier.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Wrong switch.
F5H078 about 70$
They sell some parts here but not this one.
tryboatsdootnet?? or eBay or any marine sales??