Force 125 hp Gear case

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishbait2

Cadet
I have a 2302 Trophy Bayliner with twin 125 hp Force outboards. One gear case lost a seal last year and needs rebuilt.
But in the mean time I purchased a replacement. Its off an 89 125 hp but has dual exhaust. It fits , but makes a problem for me as the old prop and hub hardware will not fit. I purchased the gear case from Alabama , the dealer is a parts dealer and told me it came from the same year and horse power as mine. So the question I have is does anyone know the hub kit I would need to use the old prop on the replacement gear case? Or direct me to a new prop and hub kit? Also I am not 100% sure about the ratio of the replacement gear case ,sdoes anyone know how I can check to make sure it is the same as my old gear case, ( I do have the second motor to check and match up) I know the 89 125 hp has a 1.72 gear ratio .
The 120 hp Force came to be in 1990 and I hope the gear case is not from that as its gear ratio was 1.92. So if it is diferent I would need to figure out what prop I would need to match the old second motor. Any help is much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.