Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White

• Blue

• Total voters

Rbear

Cadet
I have a 1979 4hp Chrysler and don’t know the fuel mix ratio. Would this be before EPA reg to 40:1 or 50:1 as the standard?? I know some of the older 2 strokes used to be 32 and 16 to 1 and it seemed to help with the mosquito control.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Why a poll?

Please dont start multiple topics about the same subject. The topic from earlier today has been deleted.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
There was no EPA reg for fuel/oil ratios. It was bearing and lubrication technology that changed it.

Your motor ia a 50:1

Also have to ask, why the poll?

Rbear

Cadet
Sorry. Having trouble posting this has me confused. I tried to post the question about the mixture and it wouldn’t post till I did the other stuff like a poll and some answers

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
I like all 3.
9k=

The Red, White and Blue!!!

Rbear

Cadet
Would 40:1 hurt the engine, having a little more oil??? So do l. I’m a flag freak!!! When I tried to post my question it failed me and wanted a box checked so I did the first one and that gave me another fail and so I filled all 3 spaces as indicated and finally no fail. Hope to do better with next post.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
40-1 wouldn't hurt to much..
Just use a better grade of oil as the more oil the more carbon that builds up from it.
Amsoil , supposed to be the best but is way expensive, they say you can cut the oil by 50%.

Rbear

Cadet
Thanks JerryJerry good to know about the carbon. By cutting the amsoil by 50% do you mean with gas for a 50:1 mix. And would this be Amsoil marine oil?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Yes TCW3 outboard oil.
Like I said real pricey.
Any TCW3 can be used but the more expensive ones seem to smoke less.
Being you have a 4hp. a quart of anything should last a while.