‘69 Chrysler 35 hp Runs/Dies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘69 Chrysler 35 hp Runs/Dies

My 35 Chrysler is not maintaining suction on the fuel line. When this problem first occurred, I blew out all of the fuel lines including the pickups in both tanks. I also replaced the fuel filter and rebuilt the fuel pump - it looked ok when I took it apart but replaced the diaphragm and seals anyway. It ran great for a few hours, but now it’s back to running out of fuel. I can’t find any leaks between the fuel pump and the tanks. Any idea what I should look at?

The primer bulb, or squeezie can and often do go bad. The liner on the inside can come loose and block fuel flow. Same thing happens with some of the fuel hoses too. Last time I replaced my primer bulb I cut it open to take a look. It was a mess inside.
    1978 Chrysler 85 HP Model # 857H8F Serial # 3258
    "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." ----Will Rogers----

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PglRQK0at1o Here is a Youtube video on primer bulbs and fuel lines.
      1978 Chrysler 85 HP Model # 857H8F Serial # 3258
      "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." ----Will Rogers----

Comment

Thanks! I was wondering if it might be the bulb. Hopefully, that’ll take care of it.

Comment

If the line has connectors at the tank or the motor?
          They have rubber seals that go bad and allow air to be sucked in.
          Remove or replace the connectors.
          Ethanol?? it can delaminate the inside of the hose and stop the flow.
          Some older hoses have a plastic liner that loosens and can block the flow.

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
          ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Working...
          X