Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90hp force won't start

Good Evening,

I acquire a 1990 Bayliner Capri 90hp Force from a friend and cannot get it to start. I replaced the plugs, wires, and coils. I also had the carbs rebuilt. The boat wants to start but as it wants to start the starter disengages. Any thoughts? TIA

How about have your friend/seller show you the trick ?
    Every one of these motors seems to have its own particular starting foibles.

Starting procedure is everything.

I hope you did not use high resistance automotive plug wires.
    Medford, WI

Comment

If it kicks out as soon as it fires: check the battery/ load test, hygrometer?
      Rebuild or clean the starter.

Compression test?
      Spark test each cyl.?

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
      ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Originally posted by Wrobs101 View Post
        Good Evening,

I acquire a 1990 Bayliner Capri 90hp Force from a friend and cannot get it to start. I replaced the plugs, wires, and coils. I also had the carbs rebuilt. The boat wants to start but as it wants to start the starter disengages. Any thoughts? TIA
        Check the items that Jerryjerry suggested (sounds like a weak battery and or tired Starter)

Why would you be changing coils already? they may not work because of other reasons then; not being good.

check out the link and find your motor/ignition system (presotlite or merc.) and follow these instruction carefully
        This will help you diagnose the faulty components

http://www.cdielectronics.com/wp-con...20-%202012.pdf
        "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Thank you all, I took roscoe's advice had my buddy over and BAM it started now it purrrrrrs like a kitten.

Comment

Working...
          X