• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrobs101
    started a topic 90hp force won't start

90hp force won't start

Good Evening,

I acquire a 1990 Bayliner Capri 90hp Force from a friend and cannot get it to start. I replaced the plugs, wires, and coils. I also had the carbs rebuilt. The boat wants to start but as it wants to start the starter disengages. Any thoughts? TIA

• Wrobs101
    replied
    Thank you all, I took roscoe's advice had my buddy over and BAM it started now it purrrrrrs like a kitten.

Leave a comment:

• may the force be with you
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrobs101 View Post
    Good Evening,

I acquire a 1990 Bayliner Capri 90hp Force from a friend and cannot get it to start. I replaced the plugs, wires, and coils. I also had the carbs rebuilt. The boat wants to start but as it wants to start the starter disengages. Any thoughts? TIA
    Check the items that Jerryjerry suggested (sounds like a weak battery and or tired Starter)

Why would you be changing coils already? they may not work because of other reasons then; not being good.

check out the link and find your motor/ignition system (presotlite or merc.) and follow these instruction carefully
    This will help you diagnose the faulty components

http://www.cdielectronics.com/wp-con...20-%202012.pdf

Leave a comment:

• jerryjerry05
    replied
    If it kicks out as soon as it fires: check the battery/ load test, hygrometer?
    Rebuild or clean the starter.

Compression test?
    Spark test each cyl.?

Leave a comment:

• roscoe
    replied
    How about have your friend/seller show you the trick ?
    Every one of these motors seems to have its own particular starting foibles.

Starting procedure is everything.

I hope you did not use high resistance automotive plug wires.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X