Force 125 carb kit press in seat

brn2bow

Cadet
good afternoon, I’m the process of rebuilding my carbs. My carbs have a press in jet and a small rubber seat underneath. All the kits I have found have screw in seats. Would anyone happen to if ran into this before or able to provide a part number for the press in style kits

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
What's wrong with the ones you have?

The "press in jet" nothing to do with the needle/seat???
The jets is usually a screw in item.

Franz Marine

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
If your talking about the float needle and seat, the hard tipped needle and the rubber seat. I believe the part number is FK10177

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Simple, that part # is NLA on most parts forums.
It might be available on eBay or from Franz.

Part# was superseded to another #. but not sure if the new # is a press-in or screw-in?

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
I did a google search for that part # this spring and found them. May not have been factory, but I got the right parts.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Guess he's not coming back?
In all the years I've worked on these I've never found one bad enough to need replacing??

21BaylinerCC

Seaman Apprentice
I think what you are referring to is a pressed in *seat*.* The jet(s) should be screw in. If you have the same type of carb as my '88 125hp has, you have a pressed in seat with a needle that has a rubber tip. I would recommend... NOT REMOVING THE SEAT... I have yet to come across any seats that are New Old Stock/not already installed....
If you can find the used carbs on the web, you may be able to get the needle(s) you need from them, and have spare parts as well - its 50/50 on whether those needles will be any better, though.