1993 70 hp force water intake tube

Drivewayboater2

Petty Officer 1st Class
First, love this site! Very knowledgeable people giving wonderful information.
Question regarding the seals/small rubber gaskets that are between the water intake tube and the base plate. I Needed to replace the base plate gasket and the power head to base plate gaskets. Upon ripping these apart I noticed that there is a small rubber ring that was between the base plate and the exhaust leg. I see ( and purchased) the rubber seal for the top of the tube on the lower leg but nothing listed for the rubber seal between the exhaust leg and lower leg. When cleaning it up I noticed it seemed to have silicone on it alone with a rubber ring. Any idea what rubber seal is needed? Any help would be appreciated.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You need to post a couple pics?
I believe you need 5 posts before you can add pics.

You said:
Question regarding the seals/small rubber gaskets that are between the water intake tube and the base plate. I Needed to replace the base plate gasket and the power head to base plate gaskets.

Is that the seal under the adaptor plate on top of the copper tube?
Or the exhaust tube seal, big thick seal? That seal isn't sold on some sites but might be found used?

Drivewayboater2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Jerryjerry05.. Thanks! It’s the big thick seal... not sold any longer? I recall a fare amount of silicone that held it in place. Looking to perhaps fabricate one. The seal ( that was available) for the top of the copper tube seems straight forward rubber. Can I use similar rubber and size and silicone it in place?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
I've seen people use a seal from the door of an old truck used, even an old innertube
from tire, cut to size and about 6-8 layers glued together.
Yes silicone helps seal and hold it in place.

Look on eBay or Google "marine salvage yards"

The Force power

Commander
Jerryjerry05.. Thanks! It’s the big thick seal... not sold any longer? I recall a fare amount of silicone that held it in place. Looking to perhaps fabricate one. The seal ( that was available) for the top of the copper tube seems straight forward rubber. Can I use similar rubber and size and silicone it in place?

you could try hardware stores & look for grommets that would fit

Drivewayboater2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks guys! Appreciate the guidance. I’m figuring on using RTV sealant in a mold to create the seal then silicone the donut like piece in. Tough part is figuring the thickness of what is needed. Trial and error in full effect.