No announcement yet.

150 force tilt & trim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANKS jerry> I WILL REINSTALL AND SEE IF WORKS OK. I SUSPECT AFTER FLUSHING AND REFILLING UNIT IT MAY BE OK.

Comment

Well jerry, i got plugs for pump but couldn't get caps for lines. I disconnected lines to trim cyl. And plugged pump holes. Tilt works and has lots of power. I think that when trim is hooked up it must let pressure leak back into pump and then trim can't have enough pressure. Any thoughts on this??

Comment

Pic posted by jerryjerry is correct t&t.

Comment

Does anyone know where i can get trim cyl. Rebuild kit for the t&t posted above by jerryjerry?

Comment

Finally able to upload pic. For force 150. Tilt works fine with lots of power when plug off trim cyl. When trim connected tilt doesn't have enough power to lift engine. To me it indicates leakback through trim. Any help? Sorry about multiple posts. I am learning. Thanks to you guys for help. Now i need to find rebuild kit for trim cylinder.

Comment

You could look on this site(in shop) for parts
              823715.pdf 823715 (1).pdf
              "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks may.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny acorn View Post
                  Thanks may.
                  look up the part(s) you need you can check Ebay also;
                  Force Mercury Chrysler Outboard Piston Trim Cylinder O Ring Kit Set of Seals
                  "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Comment

The 3/16 inverted flare(female) 1/8 plug.
                    3/16 inverted flare plug (male)
                    Home depot??
                    You HAVE to get these or get the pressure gauge($$$)
                    You need to do the tests or you'll just be guessing.
                    If the rebuild and new pump don't work?? Then the tilt ram is probably leaking down???

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
                    ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

Working...
                    X