No announcement yet.

Throttle adjust 95 40hp force

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now the motor ends. Yes in this picture the throttle bolt is not attached.

Comment

So.... with the gear cable conected so that the forward and reverse engage in the right position before the throttle engages ( forward reverse neutral all work perfectly ) the throttle only goes to half throttle.

Comment

This is how the barrels fit in the holder. Is this even correct. Lots of side to side movement of the barrels.

Comment

I know this control came with this motor. I've seen bass trackers ( I think ) on youtube with this same set up of motor and controls. What I need to do is get the shifter to physically move the inner control cable a longer distance. The throw is for some reason not long enough. If anyone can help it would be MUCH appreciated as Ive been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks and its driving me insane!

Comment

The last pic helps.
            It's missing the Cable Retainer Cup
            Any Mercury dealer should have or be able to get.

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
            ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM

Comment

I don't think the cable holder will help that much. Ive tried holding the barrels with packing either side and get the same results. My post on the steering and controls section got no comments to date. Will try to just take it out this weekend and see if I have enough throttle to make it driveable as is.

Comment

Working...
              X