Universal control box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal control box

So im wondering if something like this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362652999905
    Would work on my 89 force 125. The force has 8 wires. Im thinking maybe I could wire it in right?. I can't find a decent control box anywhere. It's going in a less crappy boat so I would like it to look less crappy.
    Last edited by Asnyder19; May 17th, 2019, 07:56 PM.

That one probably won't work.
    Contact the seller and see if they carry one for a Force.

The Force (OEM) shifters didn't have the wire harness.
    The older Chrysler had the wires but they didn't include the T@T wires.

This will work but you need the harness that comes with the boat.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Fo...QAAOSwx5hbmqnv

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
    ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM

Comment

There are a couple of different controls on ebay. Also there are some main wiring harnesses. Do you need both? The Chrysler control will work but as Jerry said the wiring harness with Chrysler's, they use a separate 3 wire harness for the tilt. A person can always paint a used control to make it like new. Keep looking on ebay as these control boxes come and go daily.
      1978 Chrysler 85 HP, 1987 Force 85HP, 1990 Force 50 HP, 1981 Chrysler 9.9 electric start, 1966 Chrysler 9.2 and one step child 1950 Evinrude 7.5. I hoard em and they all run great.

Comment

I do have the wiring harness so really all I need is the box. I would really like to have the key on the box if I could. Really appreciate all your help guys, thanks!

Comment

The Chrysler boxes will work.
          And if your REAL LUCKY!!!!!?????
          You might find a box with T@T in the handle????
          They made a few, I saw ONE a long time ago.

​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

Comment

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163634257249

What about this one fellas?

Comment

Yup

Comment

You found one. Not a bad price either. Keep us posted and good luck.
                1978 Chrysler 85 HP, 1987 Force 85HP, 1990 Force 50 HP, 1981 Chrysler 9.9 electric start, 1966 Chrysler 9.2 and one step child 1950 Evinrude 7.5. I hoard em and they all run great.

Comment

Thanks! Ordered it.... now the wait! Appreciate all the help!

Comment

Working...
                  X