86 bayliner force 125 tilt/trim

Charkate

Seaman Apprentice
Install new motor and reservoir. took apart piston cleaned and reinstalled. Fluid is full. moved by hand to bleed system but still does not move motor

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The electric motor work?

New motors sometimes the armature shaft is shorter than the old.

More info would really help?

Charkate

Seaman Apprentice
i installed new pump, motor and valve body and fluid is full but engine stays where it is . motor runs . cant move engine by hand too much fluid pressure. if i cant get it to move how do i bleed system.

Zink357

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It is a self-bleeding system. I am assuming the motor is all the way up because you had to have it out of the way to work on everything and then you put it all back together dry before filling it with fluid. Doing it this way where you start with the motor all the way up before filling it with fluid leaves that entire tilt cylinder full of air instead of fluid which can lock it in place like you say. Try taking the top bolt out of the tilt cylinder so it is free. Then disconnect the hydraulic line that goes into the bottom of the tilt cylinder and push the ram all the way down so it will push any air/fluid out that bottom hole. Then reconnect the line to that bottom hole and top off with fluid. Then try running the tilt motor up and let it push the ram up to where you can push the top bolt back through. This should help get the majority of the air out. Then just run the motor up and down 5-6 times and let it sit for a few minutes and then run it up/down a few more times. Top off fluid in between. Do that a few times and it should bleed all the air out.

Charkate

Seaman Apprentice
thanks going out and try it now and you were right about filling fluid while up u made it make sense

Charkate

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks Zink 357 worked great till i think i burned out the switch. Always a mystery. LOL

Zink357

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It's a never ending battle. hopefully you're back in the water soon!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
NEVER add oil when the motors in the up position.
Fill only when down.
You can force oil up into the electric motor when you fill when it's in the up position.