Kill Switch Chrysler 100hp

Hey guys, my outboard does not have a kill switch and now that I need to replace the ignition switch was thinking it's a good time to add one. If I get an after market lanyard kill switch is it just a matter of running a parallel wire from one of those two black wires from under the flywheel (they connect to the top of my rectifier - that black rectifier) and connect this parallel wire to the switch? The other wire on the switch should be a ground one, right? Thank you all.

Nordin

Commander
Rockett, we need to know what model and year of your OB.

Wiring of the kill switch depends on what kind of ignitiion system the engine have.

If it has belt driven CD ignition system with a distributor the kill switch should shut off the battery power and if it has Prestolite CD system without distributor the switch should ground out the CD box.

No kill switch in the rectifire circuit.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The 100 was made from 79-84
All models had a distributor from the factory.

I don't know what wire to hook into??

Nordin

Commander
If it has distributor it is the blue wire you should hook the lanyard and off switch to.
The switch should break the circuit when off, if you have factory keyswitch the blue wire is connected to I (ignition) terminal.

Thanks Nordin, that's exactly how it was, blue ignition wire. Just got a 15 bucks lanyard switch and took 20 min to open the control box and install it. Thanks pal!