Force 125 Problem! WOT only 3200 RPMS top speed 8mph

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The thing about "mechanics" ?? working on Force/Chrysler??

Unless you can't hook a computer to it?
They don't know what to look for?

The motor is about the easiest to repair.
Maybe too simple for some?

But that keeps me in business :)

jvgilbert87

Cadet
Hey guys sorry for the delay, so we seemed to have fixed the problem..hopefully. When we took apart the shifter the throttle cable was broken. After a quick install of the new cable I was up and running at 28-30mph on open water in some rough swells. I believe originally the throttle cable was checked and was fine, so at some point it either broke or was not properly inspected.

so the problem seemed to have been a combination of several things? carbs, spark plugs, fuel pump/lines, magnets on flywheel, wrong prop, and broken throttle cable..

jvgilbert87

Cadet
Well it was too good to be true. Thing ran perfect for 2 weeks and just took it out Sunday, took about 20 minutes to get started and top speed was back to 10mph. Does anyone want the motor? Im kind of done putting anymore money into it..

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
every time i was ready to give up hope I came here. I have had my force 50 for 14 years. still running fine. last issue was the recirc system. I had to toss a new fuel diaphragm at it. needed one anyway as it was long due. cleaned the carbs a few times swapped plugs many times. finally jerry said try cleaning the recirc system. that's all it was. the small screens were plugged shut on top cylinder. causing the engine to flood fouling plugs. looked there. that was my symptoms. ran great one trip. then next trip out it would run at 23 mph then drop to 5-6. then after sitting a bit fishing it would run great for 5-10 min then back to 5-6 mph. fouling plugs. after the recirc cleaning we went out 4-5 times. not an issue since. that was this summer. the dog bone shaped plate behind the fuel pump. remove and inspect??? clean lines. something that took me less than an hour to remove and clean and blow out. i would have never looked there. my problem didn't cost a dime to fix. just had to be patient and rule out other issues. im fortunate enough to be very mechanical. just need help sometimes on what to fix. its all just nuts and bolts. https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...orce-50-507y9b

Last edited: