Alternative CDI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastorbud

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks! I've been out of town for three weeks and just had the chance to see this. Maybe one day!

Stokes760

Seaman
Any other benifits for this swap other than cheeper replacement parts and reliability. Beter charging more power?
im going to go look at a 87 125hp that had two dead holes 3 and 4. And from my research looks like I need a new stator. Sounds right? Trying to figure out if i find a used one and get running and save up for swap parts

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Also a little easier to trouble-shoot.

As far as no two dead holes on 3 and 4, I assume you mean no spark? I would not make any judgement until you do some testing. It could be a bad stator, or either of the CD Modules could be bad, or possibly a bad/damaged ignition trigger.

A bad CD module may fire the plugs that it is attached to, but interfere with the good module making it appear to be bad. There is an component in the CD Modules that isolate them from each other that fails that causes this condition.

Do a compression test first!

Stokes760

Seaman
Are these all the / correct parts o need?

Attachments

• photo290040.jpg
    photo290040.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 6
  • photo290041.png
    photo290041.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 6

NoFearForce

Cadet
Everything looks right other than rectifier/ regulator and harness. I couldn't see all the wires on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.