This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a double post?
    Pastorbud started it and nofearforce seems to have taken it over?

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
    ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

Comment

Buncha wizards, you guys are! I'm pretty good with mechanical stuff, but the ignition stuff is all just magic to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjerry05 View Post
        Is this a double post?
        Actually, I just didn't understand how ideabooks work. Still kinda don't understand!

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjerry05 View Post
          Is this a double post?
          I started an idea (project) in my ideabooks and pastorbud put it in the forum to see if anyone had done it yet. Which by the way, pastorbud was awesome and so very helpful. I just wanted to make a parts list so if anyone else wanted to do the conversion they would have the necessary information to do so. Oh and if I haven't thanked Pnwboat yet, Thank You soooo much for the help and information. It made life a lot easier than trying to dig and find this stuff.

Comment

Check this out pastorbud

https://youtu.be/aZFCKt_dOOc

Comment

Thanks! I've been out of town for three weeks and just had the chance to see this. Maybe one day!

Comment

Any other benifits for this swap other than cheeper replacement parts and reliability. Beter charging more power?
                im going to go look at a 87 125hp that had two dead holes 3 and 4. And from my research looks like I need a new stator. Sounds right? Trying to figure out if i find a used one and get running and save up for swap parts

Comment

Also a little easier to trouble-shoot.

As far as no two dead holes on 3 and 4, I assume you mean no spark? I would not make any judgement until you do some testing. It could be a bad stator, or either of the CD Modules could be bad, or possibly a bad/damaged ignition trigger.

A bad CD module may fire the plugs that it is attached to, but interfere with the good module making it appear to be bad. There is an component in the CD Modules that isolate them from each other that fails that causes this condition.

Do a compression test first!

Comment

Are these all the / correct parts o need?

Comment

Everything looks right other than rectifier/ regulator and harness. I couldn't see all the wires on both.

Comment

No Fear: this post's been inactive for 6 mo.

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
                        ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

Comment

Working...
                        X