Were does this go

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I took my cables and wires all off to remove my motor and I cant remember were this spring goes. I did take lower unit off to and now its all back together but I dont think the spring went anywere in there and now Im guessing it goes on throttle or shift cables. At least I hope so:grumpy:. Thanks for any and all help. Oh its a 86 force 86 hp856x6l .Man its easy to put pics on now

Attachments

• photo284039.jpg
    photo284039.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • photo284040.jpg
    photo284040.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

kbh121956

Chief Petty Officer
Pete j, it doesn't go in your lower unit. I think that it goes on your steering. Jerryjerry05 will know and will reply in the early morning.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The only springs I can remember is on the steering arm link and the spring inside some fuel pumps and under the Bendix on the starter and in the thermo housing and in the bypass valve and the exhaust boot spring???
The carb has a bunch of different size springs but nothing that matches that size.
But the steering one is shorter and much heavier duty??
The pump and starter springs and bypass spring is about that size.
The thermo spring and exhaust boot spring is way bigger.

OR it might be a leaveright spring.???
Leave it right where you found it?? :)

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think kbh is right. It might go on the little ball socket that connects the steering to the motor. I did take all that stuff off too when I hooked up the evinrude if it does not go to that looks like it might be a leaverite spring....:lol:. Thanks cause the force will be with me soon

Isa4325

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There is spring on the end of the shift cable in the cable adjustment on some units that looks just like that.

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sounds good. I kinda remember a spring there but just not sure of were it went