oil mixing tank

when i got my 87 stratos bass boat /force 125 i noticed the previous owner disconnected the power to the oil mixing tank can someone tell me how to rewire and test if it still works. thank you.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
How about I move this over to the Force motor forum, although electrical has been disconnected, it's really more of an outboard problem then electrical

If you don't get some helpful advice in the next couple days (it is a long holiday weekend) and you think it'd be better served here, I can move it back for you.

I suspect the previous owner preferred to pre-mix gas to be sure the right amount of oil was mixed in, OR there was a problem and swapping to pre-mix solved it. Best of my knowledge, I've never seen someone ask to re-setup the oil mix pump once it's been disconnected. Lots ask about how to disconnect it though.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Very few Force engines had an oil injection system. Only jet drive engines and even those used a mechanical pump. Your Force outboard is designed to use 50-1 fuel/oil mix. Previous owner probably replaced a different brand engine with the Force.