This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building an O/B motor stand - Instructional

I know this thread is old but for those like me who just found it and wanted to build an engine stand i just wanted to post a quick note about it. On the description it says that he used 4 2x4x96 but you can build the stand with only 3 of them. First board cut 31" times 2, 32 3/16, second board 36" times 2, 24". Last board 18 11/16 times 2, 24", 32 3/16. There you have all the cuts needed with a little bit of leftover. Hopefully it helps someone in the future.

Comment

I downloaded a PDF of the plans and plan to get the materials as soon as conveniently possible. Looks like it should easily do the job for my 25 hp Mercury.

Comment

thanks for the plans, greatly apprieciated

Comment

Thank you so much for posting these plans!
          I just finished building it and my Suzuki 9.9 extra long shaft fit on it perfectly.
          I plan to build another one with my daughter to hold my Suzuki 6 regular shaft.

Comment

I built this one with stuff I had around the house. May be a little over kill for a 15 horse but is is solid

Comment

I have to agree with the Others. Thank You for the GREAT Information. I will give this a go tomorrow for my 1976 Johnson 85 HP.

Comment

I built this yesterday out of some spare steel 2inch box I had given to me. Knocked it up in less than 3hrs with a small grinder.
                https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...nd-rebuild-ing

150hp evinrude 30hp mariner
                You Can't Fix Stupid!

Comment

Steel stand

You Can't Fix Stupid!

Comment

project boat in the background

You Can't Fix Stupid!

Comment

Thanx for the plans! i made one from them
                      Attached Files

Comment

Look great. Thanks

Comment

The internet is a beautiful thing when guys like you put out such high quality, easy to follow instructions. The blueprints were spot on and the whole family at our summer cottages thought I was some sort of magician when it was finished thanks to you. Much appreciated. Total cost $49.67. $26 of it was the caster wheels at Lowes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n10232224[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n10232225[/ATTACH]
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. The video and the plans were perfect for me to replicate. I built it to hold an electric trolling motor as well as a 9.9hp gas motor. The placement of the casters shown to be under the motor causes my setup to be too tippy so I simply moved the middle casters to near the end of the other base boards, creating the longest possible wheelbase and it is now perfect. With the light motors I decided the second 2x4 uprights which extend downward from the horizontal 2x6's were not necessary. Saved a bit of wood. With my lightweight motors I think even the lower 2x6 was not necessary but I had scrap pieces so used them. Makes it heavier though than it needed to be. I'm very happy with this contraption. Thanks again.

Comment

The plans given for this stand are incredibly simple to follow and the stand is super stong, i just had an old Merc 1400 sitting on it for almost 3 years and so no signs of fatique

Comment

Working...
                              X