Volvo Penta Group 26 Cooling Shop Manual?

Iceking02

Cadet
Hello all,

I have a D6-310A-A with almost 800hrs and would like to service the intercooler. Two things have happened to make me concerned,

1) My raw water impeller gave up a bunch of lobe-pieces this summer and it got changed over to a new one. Not a problem. The lobes could be sitting in the intercooler right now, however...

2) I read "Aftercooler disasters" on this website and thought that it would be prudent to service the intercooler:

Aftercooler - Aftercooler Disasters

So, really, I'm just a bit paranoid that I could have a problem down the road and want to prevent disasters from finding me...

Thanks!

MWG2600

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Volvo Penta Group 26 Cooling Shop Manual?

so take it apart and be prepared for the worst... Hopefully it has been serviced a few times in those 800 hrs.

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Volvo Penta Group 26 Cooling Shop Manual?

Hello all,

I have a D6-310A-A with almost 800hrs and would like to service the intercooler. Two things have happened to make me concerned,

1) My raw water impeller gave up a bunch of lobe-pieces this summer and it got changed over to a new one. Not a problem. The lobes could be sitting in the intercooler right now, however...

2) I read "Aftercooler disasters" on this website and thought that it would be prudent to service the intercooler:

Aftercooler - Aftercooler Disasters

So, really, I'm just a bit paranoid that I could have a problem down the road and want to prevent disasters from finding me...

Thanks!

Well the real good part is your thinking about doing it before there is a major problem and things start coming apart. It will be no worst then it is now, if you wait it can only get worst. You know it should be done so ignoring it will not make it go away.

Like the RED GREEN SHOW says, I'm pulling for ya, were all in this together :thumb: