Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volvo Penta Group 26 Cooling Shop Manual?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo Penta Group 26 Cooling Shop Manual?

Hello all,

I have a D6-310A-A with almost 800hrs and would like to service the intercooler. Two things have happened to make me concerned,

1) My raw water impeller gave up a bunch of lobe-pieces this summer and it got changed over to a new one. Not a problem. The lobes could be sitting in the intercooler right now, however...

2) I read "Aftercooler disasters" on this website and thought that it would be prudent to service the intercooler:

Aftercooler - Aftercooler Disasters

So, really, I'm just a bit paranoid that I could have a problem down the road and want to prevent disasters from finding me...

Thanks!

Re: Volvo Penta Group 26 Cooling Shop Manual?

so take it apart and be prepared for the worst... Hopefully it has been serviced a few times in those 800 hrs.

Comment

Re: Volvo Penta Group 26 Cooling Shop Manual?

Originally posted by Iceking02 View Post
      Hello all,

I have a D6-310A-A with almost 800hrs and would like to service the intercooler. Two things have happened to make me concerned,

1) My raw water impeller gave up a bunch of lobe-pieces this summer and it got changed over to a new one. Not a problem. The lobes could be sitting in the intercooler right now, however...

2) I read "Aftercooler disasters" on this website and thought that it would be prudent to service the intercooler:

Aftercooler - Aftercooler Disasters

So, really, I'm just a bit paranoid that I could have a problem down the road and want to prevent disasters from finding me...

Thanks!
      Well the real good part is your thinking about doing it before there is a major problem and things start coming apart. It will be no worst then it is now, if you wait it can only get worst. You know it should be done so ignoring it will not make it go away.

Like the RED GREEN SHOW says, I'm pulling for ya, were all in this together
      94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
      95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
      07 Seadoo GTX
      Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
      G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

Working...
      X