Port Sizes on Racor 500 FE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wi4x4man

Seaman
I am replacing the old Racor 500FE filter on my boat with a new Racor 500MA.

On the 500MA, the fuel ports are #8 O-Ring Boss (3/4 - 16 thread). However, I cannot find out what size ports the old Racor 500FE filter had. It almost looks like they are either #4 or #6 ORB, but I am not completely sure. For all I know, they are some sort of BSPP thread. :confused:

Since I don't want to disassemble everything to find out that I don't have the correct fittings, I was hoping someone might be able to answer the question. Thanks!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Port Sizes on Racor 500 FE

Ayuh,.... I'm sorry to say, I work on alota old iron, 'n their hydraulics,...

I've never found a way to ID a fittin', without takin' atleast 1 of 'em apart,....

There's just Sooooooo many possibilities,......

wi4x4man

Seaman

That is how I used to do things, but in my line of work, I don't have that ability so I have become very good at looking specs up and sizing from there. It saves time and guesswork. Of course, I cannot find the specs for this filter out there.

There has to be an installation drawing or something of that sort for this filter out there. I looked up Parker's website (they bought out Racor) and couldn't find squat. Even if there were a few options that this filter came with, I can at least narrow my search down and bring all of the fittings I need.

This would normally not be a big deal, but I live 2 hours away from where my boat is at. So I need to make my trips up to her count as much as I possibly can.

clj

Cadet

Try Parker/Racor technical support via email or phone call. They have always been super at getting back to me in a few hours or less. just make sure you have the various model numbers available when you call. I have also had good luck bringing the filters into a hydraulic shop and getting the fittings from them.

Gitfish

Recruit
I just happened to find a Racor 500FE with manual.
It says port size 9/16” x 18 UNF Str Thd w/ O-ring

Status
Not open for further replies.