volvo penta D3 with DPS-A SHIFTING Problem

thb17

Recruit
After only 200 hrs of operation I had to have the "cone"(sliding sleeve, part # 3807613) in the DPS-A 1.95 out drive gear shifting mechanism replace. After 500 hrs operation, the same problem has developed again. Outdrive will not go into foward gear at the std low rpm. It will only "slam" into gear at a higher rpm. Reverse works fine. Cone shifter (sliding sleeve) was replaced by volvo penta factory rep. ( Even though the volvo penta was only 30 days out of warranty, volvo penta would not pay for the repairs.) Same problem has developed again in the DPS-A 1.95 out drive.

Does anyone know what the problem is. I am about to convert the DSP-A out drive unit to an anchor and convert the power plant to a cummings/mercurise unit, I also have other problems with the D3 diesel engine, such as the oil cooler failing after only 200 hrs of operation, paint bubbling off the outdrive due to corrosion, etc., etc. Again, Volvo word not honor any warranty even though it was only 30 days out of warranty.

THB