No control on smartcraft starboard helm

Joetay

Cadet
Hello,
I am new to this forum and not sure if I am in the right place to post. Hoping someone can help.
I have a twin mercruiser 4.2 270 stern drive with sc1000 smartcraft with dts.
When stb switch to on position, it gives 5 beeps, check engine (with no fault message) sync and transfer light stays on. Engine start, shift and throttle does not work. Port is working properly.
I checked all the harness on vip, fuse box, actuator and everything checked. I even swapped the harness and vip except sim.
where else i missed? Thank you for any help.

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy
This is above my pay grade and most of the other folks other then muc maybe, he might respond

Need to get a Merc scanner on it, there is a fault its just the sc1000 is unable to read

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Where are you located? Might be able to make place for service recommendation if we knew.

Joetay

Cadet
I am in Philippines. There is Solanda bit they will not touch my engine.
the closest one is Singapore. But I order the vessel from China.

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Sorry but I'm no help on this.
Never worked on MerCruiser diesels.
Not familiar with the SmartCraft terms VIP or SIM

Maybe move to the diesel forum?

alldodge

Staff member
Didn't realize its a diesel, but I'm thinking the issue is with dts. Am I correct that your unable to shift into and out of gear?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
If your fly by wire gear and throttle control isn’t working, it’s unlikely to be smart craft related. That will be a result of the main issue you have. Most likely a comms issue. I’d check your harnessing system and even try swapping over from the port, one bit at a time. Try and replicate the fault on the port engine. Check your terminator caps on the harness if you are going down the smart craft network route. Usually yellow.

Joetay

Cadet
Hello Guys,

Sorry for late reply and thank you for all inputs. You guys are great!
I already checked all harness and wires. Did swapped harness from port to starboard and same problem with starboard control. I swapped the port connection to starboard engine and viola! Starboard engine starts.
that confirms there is no problem with harness. It is something to do with DTS. Either SIM or program. Perhaps it had and error and did not clear.
Now my problem or worries if I do a master reset and if the smartcraft cannot do auto configure. 🙏🙏🙏

alldodge

Staff member
Hope that does work.
Was thinking this was a DTS issue

Joetay

Cadet
Hello Guys,

Sorry for late reply and thank you for all inputs. You guys are great!
I already checked all harness and wires. Did swapped harness from port to starboard and same problem with starboard control. I swapped the port connection to starboard engine and viola! Starboard engine starts.
that confirms there is no problem with harness. It is something to do with DTS. Either SIM or program. Perhaps it had and error and did not clear.
Now my problem or worries if I do a master reset and if the smartcraft cannot do auto configure. 🙏🙏🙏

Joetay

Cadet
master reset did not work. it seems it only calibrates the engine and engine position NOT including the SIM.
after master reset, it got weird. Port ignition turns on starboard engine. However, port ignition will not shut off starboard engine but starboard ignition does it.
Both engine and smartcraft have their own separate batteries. I guess it is dumbcraft now... hehehe
anybody knows any third party cds to re configure smartcraft? Thank you

Joetay

Cadet
master reset did not work. it seems it only calibrates the engine and engine position NOT including the SIM.
after master reset, it got weird. Port ignition turns on starboard engine. However, port ignition will not shut off starboard engine but starboard ignition does it.
Both engine and smartcraft have their own separate batteries. I guess it is dumbcraft now... hehehe
anybody knows any third party cds to re configure smartcraft? Thank you

alldodge

Staff member
Don't know of a CD which does the work, all is done manually by stepping thru each screen and selecting

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Check the terminator yellow cap isn’t to blame. They won’t work without any open ended port of the harness having a good terminator cap fitted. May have came loose.