Turbos et al

Divergirl

Cadet
Hi All,
​I am new to this forum so looking forward to sharing ideas & concerns with everyone.

I have a Formula 41 PC with Volvo Penta TAMD74 P-B diesels. I recently had SB turbo problem which in the end needed to be completely replaced...brand spanking new. I learned a great deal through this ordeal. I had to "fire" a technician who although might be a great diesel mechanic, turned out not to know too much regarding turbochargers. During his "tenure" he found a waste gate/actuator (as mine was shot) and attempted to install it fully knowing it was not the right part for my boat. Once the turbo was pulled by the shop which eventually resolved the problem, we found that this guy had silicone'd this waste gate onto the turbo probably because he could not get it screwed on however, I had to pay him for this part and in trying to sell it, I am having a problem identifying what engine/company KKK built this actuator/waste gate for. Volvo Penta tried cross referencing it only to advise that it was not built for Volvo Penta. The KKK part number is 58061176090 so, if anyone has a way to determine if this was built for Cummins, Catepiller, etc. I would appreciate that information so that I can advertise it.

"tanks",
Divergirl

alldodge

Staff member
So far nothing, and I'm surprised no one else hear has come in with a comment, we have some good diesel tech's.

If they don't respond might just make a phone call, maybe that will work

Divergirl

Cadet
Ok, thanks. I am surprised I am having such difficulty identifying this darn waste gate.