HELP!! Quicksilver controls.. Can't reassemble

thephoneman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Long story short I was having a issue with my trim switch (still not fixed) and ended up taking apart the whole thing trying to get the wires out. Now I can't get the thing to shift or get it adjusted right. Really don't want to buy a new one but I'm in a serious bind (thankfully not on the water lol). It's the top mount with the plastic 5 edged triangle shaped cover. I broke my golden rule of not getting in a hurry:facepalm: now I'm looking at big bucks.

alldodge

Staff member
Search this section of the forum for the throttle. Put my name in the search area, there was another which had similar issues and it came out ok.

alldodge

Staff member
I looked and am unable to find out

I'm not able to find it either, don't know what happened to it, maybe another section

The file yegboats found is a good one, and should help put it back together

thephoneman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well first I want to thank you for that link. It got me where I needed to be. Now I can't get it to shift. It seems like the throttle only button is stuck. It moves in and out but won't click out to engage the shifter. I don't recall taking that apart other than the cover and the screw holding the handle on. I'm sure it's real simple.....

alldodge

Staff member
Wish I could help but your issues is a hands on look and see kind of thing. Something is not moving or not moving far enough

thephoneman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alldodge... Thanks. I had my boys looking over my shoulder and it helped. I figured out that I needed that ball and pin to go into a specific spot to lock in the shifter. Turns out my main problem was a bad down solenoid. It showed 12v thru the whole system but wouldn't run. Experience is expensive lol especially when on vacation. But we'll be back on the water tomorrow. Thanks again for your help and encouragement from afar!