cable clamp/ retainer

helidad

Recruit
thanks for the add to site I am in need of the round 2 piece throttle /shift cable retainer that secures the cable in a 1976 mercury 500 with mercruiser remote control it is a black piece of hard plastic about 5/8th or 3/4 in diameter and the cable goes between the 2 pieces and is secured by 2 ridges in the pieces .I cannot find any reference to theses and am not sure what they are called any help would be greatly appreciated i am in need of at least one piece of a pair one got lost and i cannot find anything that will work a part # a used one anything would help alot . Thanks in advance David

helidad

Recruit
i re-read my original post it is a mercontrol remote not a mercruiser i messed that up . found a drawing of the part in the housing half it is called a barrel on the cable it is part c on page 2a-18 of the mercury service manual for remote controls i can try to take a pic but this thing is only about the size of a dime and about 1/4 inch thick with a half round hole thru it where the cable goes there is 2 identical parts that secure the cable between them and allow it to rotate in the housing when the throttle is advanced. i tried for an hour to save the page of the manual with no success

Last edited: