1977 glastron with 85 hp evinrude engine

Stubbysteve

Recruit
Ok im going to try this to make sure im doing this correctly.

I have a 1977 glastron with a 85 hp evinrude v4 engine. It is an outboard engine.

We just got the boat back from a so called mechanic after paying an $1100.00 bill. Nothing was done correctly in my book, but what do i know im not a boat mechanic. I have been a vehicle mechanic for over 20 years.

We had bought a "universal" steer cable off ebay, i know i messed up, the boat shop spent 8 hrs "trying" to get the cable to work. Thats after drilling 2 other 2 inch holes in my boat. Just to decide the cable was wrong. They called and said it was a wrong cable, didnt tell me about the extra holes, and said i would need another new cable. I told them to go ahead and get the cable. Ok supposed to be fixed. They were supposed to put on 2 new wheels and tires since he said they had tire and wheel combos for $50 each. Never happened. I asked for the carburetors to be taken off and gone through since the boat had not been in the water for 2 years. Never happened. He said they took the front off and sprayed them with carb cleaner........ok....... They added my fish finder, ok cool, i asked for that to be done. Check. They replaced my bilge pump. Ok check. I asked for the seal on the power tilt and trim to be replaced. Never happened.

So instead of getting irate with the owner of shop i paid the bill.

Friend of mine took the boat out today, the power tilt trim is stuck. The engine is all the way up. I was told it is air locked.

The really bad part is the engine will not turn. Left or right. New cable. $715.00 labor putting it in. Wont turn. I have approximately 6 inches of steer cable rod sticking out both sides of the engine. Will not budge. I havent taken the steer linkage off the rod as of yet because i had to get away from it. I was too mad.

I can get pictures or video if needed but would be in a couple days as i work early till after dark.

Can some one help me out or do i need to go to small claims on this guy????